Active recreation on a bicycle
If you’re definitely more fond of movement than sitting in front of the TV, dust off your bicycle and relax by traversing city bike paths or head out into nature. Riding on two wheels is not only fun, but also has a good effect on both health and well-being. Here’s how to spend your time behind the wheel of a bicycle and why you should bet on active recreation.
Cycling – health benefits
After a whole week behind a desk or in a car, you and your body deserve to enjoy the pleasure of carefree physical activity. Therefore, get on a bike, and:
- you will improve your body’s aerobic capacity, which will have a good effect on your heart and the entire circulatory system;
- you will begin to effectively work the muscles of your thighs, calves, arms, belly, knee joint fitness;
- your spine will benefit – it will have a good effect on your posture;
- you will oxygenate your brain – this will make you feel better, reduce your stress levels, improve the quality of your sleep and make it easier to absorb knowledge.
Cycling is also a way to maintain a shapely figure, fighting excess weight. This sport is sheer health, so don’t let your vehicle stand idle in the basement or garage – get behind the wheel at every free moment.
Where to go on two wheels?
A bike tour doesn’t have to be long to relax and work on your fitness. During the week, when you have less time, use the bike paths, make at least short trips out of town. On the other hand, at the weekend, take your bike with you on a longer trip. Well-prepared and full of natural attractions bicycle routes can be found in various corners of Poland.
If you have a few days free, you can go for example:
- along the route on the Vistula Spit – this route will meet the expectations of all those who like the Baltic climate and beautiful views. It has a length of about 50 km and begins in Mikoszewo, right at the mouth of the Vistula River, and leads all the way past Krynica Morska to Piaski – a small town right on the border with Russia.
While you’re driving, you’ll also be riding along a coast high above the sea, and you may decide to extend your route. You will then board a ship that will take you to the other end of the Vistula Lagoon and reach Frombork;
- on the Vistula Bicycle Route – this route is as long as 150 km, but during your bicycle trip, you can ride only a fragment of it. It’s worth starting your tour in Cracow – from there you can set off, for example, to the Benedictine Abbey in Tyniec or plan a longer route to the castle in Niepołomice;
- on a trip along the famous Kashubian bicycle route – the Kashubian Marszruta is a route located in the heart of Poland, which leads through picturesque villages and towns. A trip along this route can be a highlight of a vacation spent in Kashubia. During the ride you will visit Charzykow, admire Lake Charzykowskie, visit the village of Swornegacie. During your rest you will have the opportunity to taste the specialties of local cuisine.
Cycling holiday – how to prepare?
If you want to avoid unpleasant surprises during a trip on two wheels, then before the bicycle trip take care not only of your fitness. To make the voyage a real pleasure:
- check tire pressure, and inflate them if necessary;
- thoroughly wash and lubricate the chain;
- adjust the height of the saddle and handlebars so that you can assume the most comfortable riding position.
You can also take care of your unicycle by going to one of the self-service bicycle repair stations. There you will find wrench sets, screwdrivers and even a pump with a pressure gauge.
Don’t go on a bike trail without a first aid kit and appropriate clothing. Wear thermal clothing, take a rain jacket and a hat with you. Also have a set of basic tools with you, including tire spoons and repair patches.
Whether you prefer long routes or short bike tours, you’ll find a trail to suit you. Riding on two wheels will allow you to relax, recharge your batteries, in addition to keeping you healthy and fit.